Saturday, December 1, 2012

Game On Anne Burrell (Pommes Chef Anne)

I saw this recipe for fancy potatoes (Pommes Chef Anne) a few seasons ago on Worst Chefs in America. I love that show, because it brings me back to basics and I really learn a lot! I had a few Russet potatoes I needed to use and a lot of time on a Sunday night, so decided to try it. Interesting presentation, but not so much flavor. Here's what to do:

Slice potatoes super thin on a mandoline.


Oil the bottom of a heavy skillet with olive oil. This is not a low fat dish. Use a lot. (See my gleaming pan?) Place one potato slice in the center and build out in a circular layer with the other potato slices. Make this layer pretty, because you flip the pan and the bottom becomes the top. After one layer is done, add parmesan cheese and more oil.


Build out about 3-4 layers, using cheese and oil to top each layer. When you're done, put the pan in a 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes. (If you're using a pan with a rubber handle, remember to wrap it in aluminum foil first!)


After 25 minutes, flip the potato cake onto a cookie sheet and bake for another 20 minutes. Slice and serve! Learn from my experience, though and top with yummy things like bacon, cheese, scallions and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment